An abomination is set loose upon the Valley.
- Atton, Crassius and Declan beat a hasty retreat, returning to Tarod’s Landing.
- Mona the Seer has no insight into the events, but recommends speaking to Rethe the Necromancer who dwells in the Banestones.
- Declan reluctantly leads them to the Banestones and introduces them to the many personalities of Rethe.
- Rethe agrees to summon the spirit of an a Paladin of Pelor, one of the many dead interred at the Banestones.
- The Paladin bonds with Atton through a blood ritual and explains the method for destroying a servant of Azrai: required ingredient – steel wielded by a righteous man. He points them to the tomb of Gallifar, a paladin in life, whose physical body has been corrupted by the dark presence that dwells within the Banestones.
- Atton, Crassius and Declan defeat Gallifar and his undead guardians, and recover his sword. To their surprise, the blade is surprisingly ancient: an heirloom of ancient Malachor.
- The pair returns to Tarod’s Landing, retrieve Perda and continue on to Fallcrest.
- A joyful reunion occurs between Perda and her sister Khesse.
- The sword of Gallifar is taken to Teldorthan the smith, who agrees to render some of the ancient steel into arrowheads.
- The Box of Maroun is returned to Lord Marklehay. He asks no questions.
- Valeros, Atton and Crassius journey south to Tarod’s Landing and seek the abomination. There they discover no news of a rampaging beast.
- Mona the Seer directs them to Khaal Keep, which overlooks the village: long before, there was some connection between the Mirror and the Keep. Perhaps some record of that connection still exists and could provide a method to find their quarry.
- The three adventurers plunge into the gloom of the long abandoned Keep, finding evidence of dark magic and Risen denizens prepared to defend their home.
Party: Atton, Crassius
Quote of the Night: Atton: I’ll never feel comfortable naked again. Crassius: I’m never comfortable when you’re naked.
Glory Roll: Yes (0)