Fallcrest, Late Spring NR795
Wherein our heroes discover an ancient solution to their problem.
- Atton, Valeros and Crassius sojourn in Fallcrest.
- Atton visits the Chapel of Light in Fallcrest and discovers an answer to their abomination issue may lie in the Hall of Fallen heroes within the Catacombs of Fallcrest.
- The trio enter the Catacombs, wandering many hours.
- They encounter a group of tiefling thugs (the Fell Court) who have made their hideout within the old tombs.
- The Fell Court is roundly defeated, but evidence points to more members within the Fallcrest community.
- The heroes find the Hall of Fallen Heroes, where a spirit of a fallen Vigil tells them of the Lamps, wrought with the light of the Creators greatest servants. Under this light, no darkness may be victorious.
- To possess a Lamp, they must pass into the Forge and there create a Lamp of their own. To do so, they must open the forge. The key is held by the Forgemaster within the City of Fastormel. (which lies in ruin).
- The trio retreat to the sunlight and prepare to travel to Lost Fastormel.
- On the road to the fallen city, they encounter many refugees fleeing an unseen darkness in the north.
- At the Crossroads Inn, they seek more information, but none is to be had. They restock and prepare to continue their journey.
- During the night, a patrol of Night Warders (rangers) passes through the Inn. Crassius heals one (Cadis). During this time, another of the Warders (Hauk) questions him about the Order of the Storm Oak, demanding to know why their calls for help have gone unheeded. Crassius tells them his quest is greater and he cannot aid them, but will send a message to the Order pleading for aid. They are not mollified.
- The Trio receives word of dragons and dragonlings to the north.
- Crassius sends a raven south with a message.
- The Trio starts north, and quickly encounter a patrol of Slaan of Blackscale alegience.. The Trio ambush them after they discover evidence of the murder of a shepard lad. They capture a Slaan, and interrogate him, finding a sole piece of information: they are looking for an iron box in the possession of Galen Hawkwing – the very bandit chief who had enslaved Atton, Thaeven and Jelcor during the past winter. That the iron box matched the description of the Box of Maruon is also disquieting.
Party: Atton, Crassius
Quote of the Night: n/a
Experience:Dispatching the Slaan patrol: 1, Visiting the Hall of Fallen Heroes: 1 Total:2
Glory Roll: Yes