The Wilds north of Fallcrest, Late Spring 795
Wherein our heroes fight their way north to the ruins of an ancient city.
- Atton, Valeros and Crassius cut west to avoid any more run-ins with Slaan warriors.
- Arriving at the river, they find themselves in the company of a group of Riverfolk (Travelers) who have been attacked by the guardians of an ancient tower.
- The trio investigate and find the remains of many Slaan and men.
- Penetrating the tower, they discover the image of “the Custodian” who explains the nature of the tower (a prison/cage for the Heart of Mormo – one of the Primordials).
- The nature of the tower reacts to those with the Shadow of Azrai upon them – very violently.
- One of the seven seals containing the Heart had been destroyed – evidence points to the identity of the responsible party: Rath of the Iron Circle, brother to Blair, killed by Atton.
- Escaping the tower, the trio witnesses the dragon Bloodscale attack the tower in sheer fury – only to be repelled by the guardians at tremendous cost.
- Taking the horses of those who had been slain by the towers’ defenses, they return to the Riverfolk and warn them not to proceed north. Reluctantly they agreed to return to Fallcrest.
- They head north, avoiding all contact until they are directly across the river from the ruined city. The ford is watched. The find a safe place to leave the horses.
- In the early hours of morning, they stealthily make their way across and into the walls of the city.
- Searching for the location of the Chapterhouse of the Vigilant, they stumble onto a patrol. Surprisingly, one of them recognizes Atton. A fray ensues.
- After much misdirection, the looting of a merchants house and an encounter with a magical beast from within the ancient sewers, the trio holes up in the ruins of an ancient tower and waits for a new day.
Party: Atton, Crassius
Quote of the Night: n/a
Achievements: Ruins of the Nentir Vale (1/5 – the City of Fastromel)