Kassen, Late Summer NR794
- The Kin recuperate and depart Kassen.
- During the night, a storm washes through the Vale. Lightning begins to crash nearby.
- Alistar and Jelcor investigate: clearly it is mystical in nature. The entire Kin ventures to a nearby hill where the event in coming to a climax. They see a single figure in combat with a host of enemies.
- As they ready themselves to help, a shockwave of energy is released by the figure and all is quiet.
- Investigating, the Kin notes only an empty robe and the equipment of the lone combatant. His belongings leads the Kin to believe he was a Vigilant of Stendarr.
- In the morning, the Kin departs their shelter only to encounter another follower of Stendarr – an acolyte by the looks of him.
- The stranger is nursed back to health. He tells his story. His name is Valeros. He is a warrior from the south, and the apprentice of the man fallen in battle the night before. His master had led them steadily north over the course of the summer following a vision of a black hand, wreathed in mist and bearing five unique rings. They get the impression the relationship between the two was rather cool.
- Valeros accepts their offer to travel with them, at least until Fallcrest.
- The next day, they finish their journey to the small town.
- Jelcor visits Nimozoran, the Septarch of Fallcrest. The mage tests Jelcor and finds him suitable to apprentice – should Jelcor be able to find an appropriate gift.
- Dennon saves a tinker craftsman from a gang of local thugs known as the River Rats. He strikes up a quick comradery.
- Thaeven visits the smith and admires the blades. She can’t afford one, but he offers to give her one if she can recover the “dragonhide” leather stolen on it’s way to Fallcrest within the last week.
- The Kin rendevous at the Silver Unicorn and make plans. They decide to investigate the missing caravan.
- Thaeven seduces Valeros.
Party: Alistar, Dennon, Jelkor, Thaeven
Quote of the Night: He’s just another notch in the bed post. – Thaeven
Glory Roll: No